Friday, September 10, 2010

Laser Hair Removal at Home for the Face

Laser hair removal at home for the face sounds like a great idea. If you can zap away your unwanted facial hair in an instant, why not? However, there is a problem. Lately I have had a few people ask me for reviews or advice about different products they could use, but I have to say that there is not one home laser system I can recommend at the moment for face hair removal.
I don’t have a problem with home laser hair removal machines in principle. There are some which work well. It is using them as a facial hair remover I have a problem with. In fact, I don’t think that laser hair removal at home should be practiced anywhere near the face. It is too dangerous to use a laser or even IPL hair removal machine anywhere near your eyes unless you know what you are doing. Most of the systems which actually work, do not recommend it, in any case.
But I suppose my main objection is that I don’t think laser hair removal for the face is the best method so why try it at home? Why not try the method which works for everyone and which is permanent? Every hair gone for good has to be the aim, surely? Whereas a bit of regrowth does not matter too much on your legs, it certainly does on your face.
Surely it is better to use a machine for home electrolysis such as the One Touch, which is safe for the face and which will give one hundred percent permanent hair removal than laser hair removal machines which are not safe for the face and which can’t promise full destruction of the hair?
If you want to buy a laser machine such as the Silk’n for your legs, arms, chest or back then go ahead but don’t plan on using it anywhere on your face. If you want to try laser hair removal on your face, book some treatments at a clinic. Better yet, get professional electrolysis. Just don’t take the risk with home hair removal.